Countries such as India and China continue to buy oil from Russia, which ultimately helps fund the war effort.
- EXPLAINER: Why is Hungary blocking sanctions on Russian oil?
- Bulgaria says will veto EU oil sanctions on Russia if it does not get derogation
- US imposes sanctions on 27 Gazprombank executives, Russian TV stations
- Oil bounces higher ahead of Fed moves, EU sanctions on Russian oil
- US does not want ‘rapid acceleration’ in India energy imports from Russia
- US recognises ‘economic reasoning’ behind India buying Russian oil: Spokesperson
- Ready to support India in diversifying its energy imports: White House
- Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has made energy independence more important than ever: Pelosi
- India probably buys less oil from Russia in a month that what Europe does in an afternoon: Jaishankar
- CERAWEEK-U.S. energy secretary urges companies to boost oil, gas output